Monday, August 11, 2014

Timing is everything...but I'M not the one in control, I get it.


So I went up to school yesterday to get just a few things done and this happened. Well, hard to tell but I twisted my ankle. Slipped on the freshly waxed floors on my way to turn on the laminator. I hopped up so quick, brushed it off and thought I was fine. Knew my ankle hurt a little but definitely manageable. I continued to work in my classroom, hang border, stand on a stool to take down my word wall from last year...totally fine. 

Once I got home and sat still for dinner, that's when the pain kicked in. Couldn't put any pressure on it at all. Immediately iced it with a bag of frozen edamame and kept it elevated. As I am laying there, I couldn't help but think of how this is NOT good timing. Last full week before we go back to work and I have barely made a dent in my classroom. I had planned to be up there all day today. Plus, we are having family come in town on Wednesday and a BIG family reunion this coming weekend to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. All I'm picturing is how my grandmother and I will have matching walkers. UGH!

Of course, things don't work out according to my timing. I know that. I'm not in control. 
(BREATHE) 
Because if I WAS in control, well, this wouldn't have happened as well as me having to go to the dr the day before for possible bronchitis/sinus infection. (Um, yeah...the dr didn't know what I had but just gave me a Z-pack.)

This is DEFINITELY God's way of telling me to SLOW DOWN. I'm often impatient when I can't get everything done and have a one-track mind until I do. Ugh, just a weakness of mine but I hear ya, Lord...loud and clear!

So, kept my leg elevated for 4 hours straight last night (and hubby loaded me up with 3 Aleve) while I cut out laminating and watched a movie. Like a whole 2 hour movie...don't do that very often. I don't like to be still for that long unless I'm at a theatre. Too much to do around the house...and 2 littles running around.

Anyway...fast-forward to this morning and I'm remarkably so much better. I can point and flex my foot and can put pressure on it. Not 100% but definitely not doctor-worthy. My husband went and got me an ankle brace and I will be fine in no time. I promise to take it easy today but I WILL, I repeat...I WILL be up at school tomorrow. 

I might need to stay secluded in my house just to ensure that no bad luck comes my way. And continued pleading and prayers to the only One in control!

Until then...

0 comments:

Post a Comment