Sunday, February 1, 2015

Currently February


Wow! I'm actually posting my Currently post on the first day of the month! Yea for me!! 
It could be because today is not a school day and I don't have whole lot going on?!

Linking up with Farley for her Currently Linky. Be sure to check out the other great bloggers. 

Here is what is currently going on in my head today.



LISTENING- Seriously a rare, quiet morning. TV is off, lights are dim, and my kids are playing together nicely! A few minutes ago, they were entertaining themselves...Noah, my 3 year old, was sprawled out on the floor with 50 of his matchbox cars and my daughter, Myla, was creating scenes using paper and stickers from her new sticker book she got for Christmas. So nice. Now they are playing with play-doh at the kitchen table. Myla is showing Noah how to roll the play-doh into a ball. Wait, now they are trying to catapult the play-doh across the table. Ha! And now they are yelling at which one went farthest. Yelling at each other. Ugh, moment over.

LOVING- I love Sundays. We should have gone to church but after a not-so-good night's sleep, we decided to sleep in. I honestly don't have much planned today which is nice. Only thing that I NEED , ok WANT to do, is use my Super Cash at Old Navy! I have $40 in Super cash! So exciting! We are also going to cook up some game day food and watch the Super Bowl commercials, I mean the game. Yeah, we will probably watch the game. 

THINKING- CRAZY month ahead! If I get to stop and breathe a minute, maybe I will blog about it! But an overview- new teammate starting this week after my former teammate got an Assistant Principal job, new PBL starts this week, taking our 2nd graders swimming for 4 days this month.....Lots of fun School events, including our 10th Annual Chili CookOff!! Here is my post about it last year! Always a fun time. Here is my team dressed in our Frozen gear to serve up our Frozen Chili! (It wasn't really Frozen) 


We won first place for Best Theme!


We have a title to defend so the preparation starts NOW!!

WANTING- A clean house but more importantly, someone else to clean my house for me would be nice. Yes, that is what I want.

NEEDING- Really need to get back into some sort of an exercise routine. I used to get up at 5am and run for at least 30 minutes but I have just not been able to get motivated. I keep telling myself that after basketball season (my husband is a high school basketball coach and has to leave the house super early) maybe, just maybe, I can commit to running again. 

PAGEANT TITLE- This was really tough for me but I would have to go with Miss Planner. I like to plan, I like to have a plan, I like to have a plan B....it's really annoying, actually. My husband is the complete opposite, so sometimes while it is nice to have that balance between us, other times I think we drive each other crazy! Ha. I think, as a teacher and a mom, you just have this innate planning ability within you. I need to remember though, that I cannot plan or control everything. Good reminder for me. I am not in control...I get it, God is in control and is the ultimate planner for my life. So I think I just need to have a mimosa this morning and relax!

Hope you enjoyed getting inside my head today! Be sure to check out the other Currently post over at Oh Boy 4th Grade!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you treat yourself to something nice at Old Navy-sounds like it might be just the thing! Good luck with February-good thing it's a short month!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! What a fun and fabulous team you have there with your Frozen theme!!! The kids had to have loved that! I think your right, over planning, and control definitely seem to be teacher traits! Good thing there are great guys out there who love us for it...or maybe in spite of it!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will share your Old Navy finds! I completely understand wanting a clean house and time/motivation to exercise. Good luck with your chili cookoff!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete