Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What kind of teacher do 2nd graders want?

I asked my class this question today after reading the humorous book, This Is The Teacher, where the students rush in the classroom and "topple the teacher all ready for school." As the story goes, mass chaos breaks out in the classroom all from how the students started the day, rushing in and disregarding the rules. It is a hectic day and at the end of the story, the teacher is EXHAUSTED and "all ready for BED." So, I asked my class if they wanted a tired teacher? "NO!" they all shouted. "We want you to be happy and fun!" I agreed with them and so the idea of this poster was inspired...



I plan on holding on to it all year and see how I do. :)

This was a great transition activity in discussing our class rules today. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment