Sunday, December 7, 2014

December Currently

I am once again linking up with Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade, yes, a little late, for this month's Currently! I had so much fun last time sharing what's happening in my little world as well as visit some other fab blogs. :)


So this is me, currently!

LISTENING: Now it's actually Sunday night Football that my husband is half-watching but it was the news. So sad that most of our nightly news was nothing joyful or cheery. 

LOVING: I certainly LOVE this time of the year even though it brings on the added stress of Christmas shopping (I officially started mine today!) and busy holiday plans. This year with my littles being 5 and 3, they are at a great age to soak in all the joy and wonder of the season. 

I mean...those.smiles.


THINKING: Really! How is it Christmas? Yesterday I was dressing up as Anna from Frozen for Halloween, and last week we started school and it really feels like it was a month ago when I was enjoying the summer. SLOW DOWN time!

WANTING & NEEDING: Ok, ok...so I combined these two categories but this month, they are one in the same. I really want and need some TLC. It's Basketball season so I am basically a single mama this time of the year. And it's tough. It's tough on the kids and daddy too! I came across a quote from a fellow coaches' wife..."When he agreed to coach basketball, I agreed to do everything else." Yep! That about sums it up! Sooo...I'm hoping for a gift card to my favorite spa for a relaxing massage, 
(Hint, Hint...unfortunately, I don't think my husband actually reads my blog. If you see him, spread the word!) 
Isn't he handsome? 
Here are my loves at the first home game of the season. :)

Oh and did I mention that my calendar at home still looks like this??

Yep, that says October. I've been too busy to change it. Or maybe too lazy??
Either way, that's just sad. 

GIVING: Yea! My favorite category this time! I will be giving LOTS of Hugs this week. I love my students and what a great way to show them!

I also LOVE my TpT followers and Facebook Fans! So, if you are reading this...you will be the first to know that my very special product, Letters to Santa: A Wish for Others is now 20% off until WEDNESDAY, December 10!



In this activity, your students will write a letter to Santa but not for themselves. 

Encourage your students to think about others this Christmas while teaching/reviewing letter writing!

This will engage your students and challenge them to focus on a wish for someone else. (Example: a wish for sick grandmother to get better in time for Christmas)

 Many young children are still very egocentric at this age, so allowing them to think about someone else's needs will require some higher-level thinking!

What's Included?

-Bubble Maps for Prewriting
-Letter for Santa Plan
-Ideas/Examples for wishes
-Example Letter
-Review of the 5 parts of a letter
-Differentiated writing pages for letter to Santa
-Self Reflection pages
All pages available in color and black & white

Check out how I do this activity in my classroom...
http://megownssecondgradesafari.blogspot.com/2013/12/dear-santaa-wish-for-others.html

I would LOVE to hear your feedback on this product, especially after you have used this with your students! Each year I do this activity, I'm always so touched by the kids' thoughts and wishes towards others. It truly brings out their caring hearts!

Here is the most rewarding feedback I've received so far!



If you download, please rate and give feedback. Please follow my store to be notified of my new creations coming soon!

Ok, so that about wraps up my Currently! What are you up to this month?

Be sure to hop on over to Oh Boy Fourth Grade to read the other December Currentlys and Link up!

Thanks for reading and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the needs and wants of a warm bath, foot massage/ anything pampering! Christmas break is right around the corner!!!!!!

    Allison
    www.a1stgradeteacher.com

    ReplyDelete