Thursday, March 5, 2015

LUCKY Acrostic Poem Craftivity- FREE for 48 hours!


Happy March, everyone! While I am at home on this glorious snow day (yes, you read that right. 4ft of SNOW in TEXAS in MARCH?!), I decided to share my Lucky Acrostic Poem craftivity!

This is something I have done with my 2nd graders the past few years. So simple and cute and perfect for a March Bulletin board!


Tonight was supposed to be our OPEN HOUSE but because of the snow, it has been cancelled. My bulletin board is ready though!


To start off the craftivity, we brainstormed reasons we are lucky on this Brainstorming web.


I also made one with lines.


Then we came together as a class and created an anchor chart of ideas for each letter in the word LUCKY.

(didn't get a pic of this but we came up with some great ideas)

I wanted my kids to do more than just one word for their acrostic poem. We went for short phrases and sentences.

Here were a few ideas from our class brainstorming session: 

L- Loving family, likable friends, lots of love, lovable pets, leadership skills

U- Understanding parents, unique mind, unique teacher, understanding best friends, usually awesome

C- Caring friends/parents, creative mind, curious mind, compassionate heart, clever actions

K- Kind-hearted, kids in our class, Kind parents/teacher/friends, Keep on trying

Y- Yippee! (or Yea!) I'm lucky to be me!


Once we brainstormed as a class, I had the kids go back to their desks to start their poem. I gave them this sheet...


and these instructions: 

I did not want the kids to repeat a topic in their letters. For example, they couldn't put... 

    Loving parents
   Unique parents
 etc.

This provided a little more of a challenge but they figured it out and came up with some great poems! Some kids came up with their own topics too. :)

Then we used the templates (provided in the craftivity set!) to make our shamrock, pot o' gold and gold coins!


We added a little glitter glue to make them sparkly!

Sorry for the blurry pic but this one turned out cute. :)

This little craftivity is now up in my TpT store and it's FREE for 48 hours only! So be sure to snag it before midnight on Saturday, March 7th!


Happy (early) St. Patrick's Day!

As for me, I think we might be going out again to play in this beautiful snow (before it melts!!)






Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment